Friday 25 November 2011

Days 67 and 68

First job Thursday morning was to paint the ceiling in the hallway and laundry room.  Then Heather and I drove to Rangiora to pick up some paint for the bathrooms and more turkey food.  After a quick lunch we put the final coat of paint on the walls of the hallway and laundry room.  As soon as that was done we headed back to Rangiora to meet Mike for my birthday dinner at the Blue Rooster.   Heather and I had steak and Mike had a lamb shank and everything was delicious!  Happy Birthday to me : )


Friday Heather and I went into Christchurch to shop at the new Cashel Mall.  Here are some pictures of what the Cashel Mall looked like before the devastating earthquakes hit earlier this year.















Here are some pictures of what the Cashel Mall looked like after the three major earthquakes - September 2010, February 2011, and June 2011. These pictures were taken by professional photographer, Ross Becker.









The buildings show in these pictures have been demolished and the debris has 
been removed.  There is now a new mall in place, but it is completely constructed of huge shipping containers.  Here are some pictures I took of the new Cashel Mall.








2 comments:

  1. Terri:

    Those pictures of the damage just made my stomach turn. I'm SO glad I got down there between the two bad quakes to see it once in it's original beauty.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now that you mentioned lambshanks... I think I shall fall asleep dreaming of the lambshanks we had that night in town!

    ReplyDelete