Wednesday 30 November 2011

Day 69 - End of this trip

Saturday was the last working day of my vacation and we still had lots to get done.  I started early and painted the ceilings of both bathrooms.  Heather joined me later and cut in the walls of the master bath and then I painted the walls.  The upstairs bath was too small for two people to work in so I cut in and painted the walls.  Mike's dad came over and helped Mike put the wire fencing up around the orchard.  Mike's mom had sent along a bacon and egg pie and we heated that up for lunch.  Later in the afternoon Heather and I went back and put the second coat of paint on both bathrooms.  So with the exception of the walk in closet in the master bedroom, all the walls and ceilings of all the rooms in the house are now painted!!  Mike grilled hamburgers for dinner and then in the evening I started to pack.


Sunday morning after finishing packing I walked around the property and took a few more pictures. The pictures below are a few "before and after" views.  


Lambs at two days and at two months

Poults at two days and at two weeks

The vegetable garden in late September, then late October, and then late November

The grape vine in September, October and then in November

And here are a few of my favorite memories.

The Wee Mansion

Silla, the pet sheep across the road

Newborn lambs

Romeo, the sire of all the 20 baby turkeys

Working on the house with Heather and  Mike

Overcoming my fear of heights

Watching Heather care for her animals

Incredible cloud formations

Amazing sunsets

Watching the baby turkeys grow

Interacting with wild life

Playing with big machines!

Roo and his girls

More turkeys!

Number Eleven

California poppies in New Zealand

The turkey house

Working in the garden with Heather

Fruit growing on the trees in the orchard

Good bye for now to my New Zealand friends and family. See you all next year!









2 comments:

  1. Terri:

    What a fantastic blog, and an Incredible trip.

    I freaked out a bit when I couldn't find your reservation to fly back in my system, but I see you flew on the 27th. I wish I was in LA right now, but just can't make it work.

    Love you

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Who knew you'd get to play with big machines. I THINK that is my favorite picture of you. And of course there is Eleven of 16!!! Hope the lil one does well...

    ReplyDelete