Thursday 17 November 2011

Day 59

Wednesday morning Heather and I decided that with Bexley and her 3 baby turkeys in the chicken run and 6 more babies in the nest with Brighton, we were going to need more room to house them all.  So we put together a pen attached to the chicken run to give them all room to be outside during the day and they could then spend nights in the run.  



Unfortunately, the mothers did not want to be together and we ended up with one in the run and the other in the pen.  They spent the rest of the day and Wednesday night like that, each with her own chicks.

In the afternoon, Heather thinned the carrots and replanted all of the little carrot plants that she had to pull out to thin the rows.  Now we have little carrot plants in almost all of the garden plots.  But everything is growing and the tomatoes and sweet peas are flowering so edible veggies are not far away!

Tomatoes

Sweet peas with rows of carrots 

Monday was my birthday and since I was away, my grandsons decided to celebrate it without me!  My daughter-in-law, Pamela, and my son, Thad, sent me a video of them singing happy birthday to me.  It is so cute, I just have to share it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzJeQfM6sDM

1 comment:

  1. Terri, hope you are growing cucumbers to make soup. The pot I made tonight was EXCELLENT... Cathy and I are looking at making large batches, and selling them in quart containers on the Island via the Coffee Shack their g/f runs. "Gringo Fusion/Bon Vashon" will sell Cucumber soup, White Turkey Chili, my 5 bean chile, Avgo Limono (Staser's greek lemon rice chicken soup, and maybe even some Ricotta Raviolini I saw Scott Conant make (My fav Italian Chef) http://www.marthastewart.com/866467/ricotta-raviolini-melted-tomatoes

    Watched the video of the boys... WAY TOO CUTE. Hope you enjoyed your birthday, remember aging like a fine wine is a GOOD Thing!!!

    Love TKB!

    ReplyDelete