Sunday 23 October 2011

Days 35 and 36

Sunday Heather and I decided to take it easy.  But Mike, the Energizer Bunny, was busy all day.  Most of the morning was spent on a contract job that he has to finish and then in the late afternoon he decided to finish the primer coat in the living room.  Here is a picture of him up on the scaffolding doing his thing with the sky lights.



And here is the living room all primed and ready for paint.




Edit!!
Heather has brought it to my attention that in my original post I forgot to mention that the ALL BLACKS WON THE WORLD RUGBY CUP!!  


Today, Monday, is Labour Day in New Zealand so Mike was able to stay home and work on the house.  The solar hot water man came and worked on the installation, but he didn't have all the parts he needed so he will be back in a couple of weeks to complete the work.  Here is a picture of the frame for the collection tubes mounted on the lower roof.




It was a bright and beautiful day and Mike dug the post hole and mounted the post for the gate on the turkey enclosure.  We have kept the new turkeys in the enclosure since they arrived a couple of weeks ago, so they will think of it as home and return to it each night.  Today was the first day they were out in the yard.  Here is a video of Romeo and Heather.



Romeo is very tame and lets Heather pet him.  He even let me pet him once today.  But most of the day he spent next to the house showing off his plumage to a his own reflection in one of the glass doors to the garage.  I'm not sure if he thought it was another turkey, or if he was just admiring himself!

Heather was not feeling well - upset stomach.  I hope it's not stomach flu : (
I managed to get a little work done.  I got the first coat of paint on the window and door trim in the upstairs bedroom and then in the afternoon planted the zucchini plants.  Tomorrow we start painting the living and dining rooms.  Big job!



2 comments:

  1. I feel the need, as an adopted kiwi, to taunt you for forgetting to mention the World Cup finals.
    ALL BLACKS WORLD CHAMPIONS!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonight I went out with the dogs... a clear cloudless, rainless night (a rarity here) and I look up to see the Orion Constellation. It reminded me immediately of our trip to the observatory... And it gave me a warm feeling inside, despite the temps here in the upper 30's. Fall is here, winter around the corner... can't wait for the first snowfall. (Denver is getting pounded with their first winter snow tomorrow!)

    More to follow... lotsa changes up here, I guess that's why the universe denied my ticket down under this year. I'll fill you in on a private email.

    Love and miss you... and loving the blog as well... Keep it up xoxoxoxo T

    ReplyDelete