Wednesday 5 October 2011

Day 17

Another day of patching, sanding, sealing and priming.  The upstairs bathroom   is ready to be primed and I finished the primer coat on the ceiling of the master bedroom so it is now ready for paint.  Heather met Mike downtown at the discount paint store and they purchased all the paint for the entire house! 

I've posted pictures of all the downstairs rooms.  Here are pictures of the upstairs bathroom and the upstairs bedroom that Mike will use as his office.



Top picture is where the sink will be.  On the left of the bottom picture is the shower, and the toilet will be to the right. 


This is Mike's office, taken from the doorway.

 And this is just a cute picture of Heather and Mike.

Before I even arrived, Mike had done a considerable amount of work on the inside and outside of the house.  He has dug all the trenches for electricity and water and sanded all of the walls and ceilings in the house.  Here are a couple of pictures of Mike, sitting in the kitchen of the Wee Mansion, after a hard day of sanding!



Even though we work very hard each day, there is still a little time to have some fun.  Today we watched Jimenez, the cat, climb down the ladder that was leaning up against the Wee Mansion.  If I get a chance, I will get this on video since Heather says he does this on a regular basis!






And then we spent some time with the chickens and turkeys.  Heather has trained them not only to eat from her hands, but to also jump up and get the food.





And that's it for today!


1 comment:

  1. Terri... such a great blog... I guess especially for me cuz I was down there... I can't wait to come again. Maybe next year, and hopefully we'll be settled enough that Claudio can come with and see how great life in NZ is. (Although I think he may want to stay.)

    Loving all the pictures... I know the feeling of accomplishment when you finish all the work of doing/completing things on your own home (and of course all my renovations too) Good On Them. Give them both a big hug from me!

    ReplyDelete