Sunday 12 August 2012

A Sunny Day!

August 13, 2012

The sun did come out for a while on Friday, but it was overcast most of the afternoon.  Mike took advantage of the "dry" weather to cut firewood and I spent part of the afternoon hauling the logs out of the forest and up to the wood shed.  Two hours in I was done in and Mike finished up the job.  Saturday there was actually sunshine and Mike was up early to thin the turkey flock and prepare three birds for freezing. 


Mike's parents came out to collect some firewood and here his dad is watching as Mike finishes plucking the birds.

His mom brought some goodies for the turkeys and the chickens.



It rained all day Sunday so we stayed in and watched the Olympics and Heather and I continued our knitting while Mike worked on installing filters in the water system.

Today it's raining again and very windy.  We're hearing reports of flooding but I was getting stir crazy and talked them into taking a drive into Rangiora so I could get more yarn.  Last year I posted this picture of a dry river bed with poppies growing in it that we had to cross to get to Rangiora.


Mike and Heather have been living here in Eyrewell Forest for two years and have never seen water running in this river bed.  Here is a picture of that river bed today. 



I know this is a short post but I have to go and make dinner!  So I will put this up and promise to post again soon


No comments:

Post a Comment