Sunday 4 September 2016

September 4, 2016

I arrived safely in New Zealand yesterday, very tired from the long flight.  But I managed to stay awake until about 10:00 PM and had a good night of sleep.
I  got up around 6:30 this morning and caught this beautiful sunrise.



After breakfast, we had a visit from Bebe  She is one of only a few chickens that can get out of the new enclosure around the chicken area.  


And of course, Heather had to give her a treat!



Seven turkeys have joined the chickens in the enclosure.




I spent two hours this afternoon weeding around the little trees that Terry and I planted two years ago.  They are Himalayan cypresses and are very slow growing.  Surprisingly, all have survived despite being mostly overgrown with wild grasses.  We had a brief rain storm so I didn't get a picture, but will get one tomorrow.

Mike made dinner tonight and ended it with two deserts, an apple/peach crumble, and chocolate lava cakes topped with ice cream . . . YUM!!

Off to bed now.  Will post more soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment